Creating signup forms
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Creating signup forms
Step 1: Creating signup forms
To create a new form, click on Subscribers -> Signup forms -> Add.
This is the form creation screen. We have many options, so we are going to explain all the steps slowly:
Step 2: Populate the fields with the basic information about your form
These are the first three fields:
- Name: the name of the form. This is an internal field that we can use for identifying the new form.
- Sender: select the email that will be used to send the notification emails for this form.
- Type of field used to display groups: our subscribers will have to be added to at least one group on our list of emails. We can display a list with available groups so that they are the ones who will choose the groups to which they wish to register, or we can configure the groups as “hidden.” In this case, they will be automatically added to all the groups that we choose in the next step.
- Groups: select one or more groups that will be available for this form. as we explained in the previous step, your users will have to be added to at least one group. Ideally, you should create a new group to include your new subscribers, but if you prefer to give them the option to choose from several groups, you can select all the groups that will be displayed here.
- Activate reCAPTCHA: With this option; we can enable captcha for all new subscribers. This can be very useful to block malicious or invalid email addresses.
Step 3: Design your form
After setting the basic options for our subscription form, we can configure more advanced aspects that will facilitate automation tasks, such as custom fields. Initially, the system will work with two required fields, “email” and “groups,” because without them it will not be possible to register the new subscriber in the database:
That’s why we only have email and groups by default.
Since we have selected the group as “hidden,” visitors will only need to enter their email address to subscribe (and fill in the captcha), nothing else.
If we want to collect more information from our subscribers, for instance to ask them their favorite sport; we can click on Add field:
After clicking on Add field, the system will display a new line in the drop-down menu, where we can choose from:
- Built-in fields: These fields were created automatically by the software. Here we have basic fields such as name, city, address.
- Custom fields: This option will display all the custom fields we have created manually.
After selecting to add a custom field, we can choose from the available options:
And with this configuration, we can add a new field to our form so users can fill it out.
Asking our new subscribers to fill in their name is also fundamental for creating targeted email campaigns. To do that, we would have to create a new field:
This is a built-in field, so you don’t have to create it manually.
But what if we don’t want the field to be displayed in this order?
We can move the fields by dragging them from the left tab which you can see here:
We just have to drag and reorder them.
This will also be very simple:
You will need to configure this field, using the “Field Options” button on the right:
When you open this option, we will see a screen like this:
We have two options:
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article