In this area, the different user roles applicable to different users are created in the Settings>>Users area.
Roles or profiles are used to create different types of users and, through them, you can control all the actions that can be performed by each of the users authorized to access the account.
For example, you can create a role so that a user only has access to the newsletter editor, but can't view the statistics of the campaigns sent or have access to create subscription forms.
In short, their only use is to grant them permissions for specific actions and deny them permission for others. This allows you to create different levels of account administrators in just a few clicks.
The search area offers two search fields: ID, to search based on the role's unique identifier, and Name contains, to search based on the role's name.
Next to them are the search buttons: Search, to start the search, Clear, to delete the data from the search field.
There is also the +Add button, which allows you to create new roles and select the actions allowed for each role created.
Immediately below the +Add button is the results area, in which the information is organized into four columns and three modifier buttons:
- Columns: ID , shows the role's unique identifier; Name , name assigned to the role; Created on , creation date; and Updated on , date the role was last modified.
- Modifier buttons: Show, shows the role information; Edit, allows you to modify the assigned permissions; and Delete, deletes the selected role.
1. How to create a new role
To create a new role, click on +Add and this will take you to a new window in which you can create the role. There you just need to name the role under Name and, under Permissions, select the permissions you want to grant the role from the 100 possible permissions.
Once everything is ready, just click on the Create role button to finish creating the role.
2. . List of permissions
The permissions that can be granted and removed vary according to the area of the interface to which you want to restrict or grant access to the user, But in general, they are as follows:
- Update: when the update permission is granted to the user, they can modify the information in the area to which access has been granted. This is a general permission.
- Cancel , this permission is only available for the Imports option and gives the option to cancel the import in progress.
- Share , the Share permission only applies to the Campaigns option and can be used to allow the user to share the statistics of sent campaigns.
- Create, with this permission, the user can add new records to the zone to which they have access.
- Delete, by granting a user the delete permission, they can remove information from the zone they have access to. This is a commonly used permission
- Send, as the name suggests, it allows the user with this permission to send. This permission is only available for the Newsletters, RSS Newsletters, A/B Test and SMS options.
- Manage, this permission is reserved for the Billing, Move credits, Packages and SMTP areas. It grants advanced management authorization for these menus.
- Read, if read permission is granted, the user can access the information to which they have access, but can't modify it. This is a widely used permission
3. Examples of permissions
Permissions are assigned in the Permissions area and include, for example: Exported files - Read, Newsletters - Send, Custom fields - Update, API keys - Create, Billing - Manage, Imports - Read, SMTP - Manage, among others.
Once the permissions have been set, simply click on Create role to save the new role, as indicated above.